Model 2602P Telemetry Best Source Selector
- Low Latency Automated Telemetry Best Source Selection and Output Source Switching
- No manipulation, recombining or reformatting of data in the process
- Modular Two Piece Chassis for optimum I/O Panel Location
- Up to 24 Source In by 12 Output Hardware Configurations
- Compatible 8×4 and 16×8 Stream Versions
- Program Configurable BSS Channel Groupings
- Operator Assignable Selection of Best Source Group Frame, Rate, and Sync Strategy
- Daisy-Chain and Slaved BSS Groupings Supported
Acroamatics’ Model 2602P Best Source Selector (BSS) is an ideal solution to the task of real-time automated selection and output switching of best quality stream data from multiple range telemetry link sources. The MD2602P accommodates a wide range of rate and virtually all IRIG format compliant PCM frame definitions.
The Model 2602P accepts multiple user defined grouped sources of bit synced PCM data, evaluates input source data quality, then selects and outputs the best source from each group to real-time processing, communications and recording equipment. Source selection criteria and stream selection activity are both displayed and stored in system log files for later analysis.
Acroamatics hardware embedded real-time TM processing techniques assure the MD2602P delivers accurate low latency best source selection without undo operation and setup complexity. The 2602P can be ordered with from 8 to 24 source input sources, with source streams grouped via the operator set-up menu. Groups of up to four sources to one or more outputs are supported. Standard cascaded master/slave switch mode accommodates larger input groupings or switching of encrypted signals.
Automated Best Source Selector PCM stream simulation is provided to support convenient set-up confirmation and validation. Optional advanced Acroamatics PCM processing cards (bit syncs, decoms, PDSP) can be added to expand base BSS functionality to add full telemetry processing and data recording capabilities.